No information was provided by GNA AF this week. Only two photos taken by BBC correspondent, Quentin Sommerville, currently in Sirte, showing one of the two MiG-23MLD and one S100 Camcopter belonging to GNA in the sky of the city.
LNA AF operations
On 18th June, LNA Air Force launched air raids which targeted the court locations and concentrations of terrorist groups southwest of Ajdabiya. On 20th, reconnaissance and combat sorties were carried out : Mi-35 explored south of Ajdabiya while MiG-23 and MiG-21 aircraft performed a series of air raids which targeted the concentrations of terrorist groups holed up in surrounding farms south of pasta factory. The day after, warplanes renewed bombing of strongholds of ISIS and allied armed formations in al-Kwarshh area where MiG-21, then MiG-23 targeted street Trees and Ocean island near pipe factory. Mi-17 Thunder team carried out a series of air strikes targeting concentration of terrorist militias surroundings Island pipe factory buildings and street Trees. On 22th, the Thunder team supported armed forces in the al-Kwarshh axis.
On 23rd, many airstrikes were performed near Ajdabiya :
- MiG-23 and MiG-21 targeted locations and concentrations of ISIS and allied armed formations in the al-Kwarshh axis near the island factory pipes and street Trees.
- MiG-21 targeted remnants of terrorist groups invasive south of Ajdabiya.
- Mi-35 performed heavy air raids and focused against concentrations of ISIS and its allies in the vicinity of Chinese buildings.
- Mi-17 of the Thunder team late at night carried out airstrikes in Donka company near gate 18 south of Ajdabiya.
- 'Shahin' pilots of 1060th Squadron, performed sorties which targeted munitions storage in Camel Valley area and a gathering of mechanisms in Sidi Aziz.
On 24th, MiG-23s targeted locations and concentrations of terrorist groups near the River Company south of the city of Ajdabiya. On MiG-21UM also targeted a ammunitions store in Derna.